Happy National Tequila Day Friends!
Today is the perfect day to kick off my new weekly cocktail segment, 'Happy Hour' because it's National Tequila Day!!
Fun Fact: I've always wanted to be a bartender! I love making both delicious and beautiful drinks for me and my friends and family. I wouldn't say I'm the best at it, but here's my chance to at least make it look like I know what I'm doing... Until they invent 'taste-o-vision' 😬
Let's kick things off with one of my favorite summer tequila drinks... The Watermelon Margarita.
I recently purchased a bottle of tequila from Trader Joe's because the helpful gentleman in the liquor section showed me Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's tequila brand called Teremana! Can you smell what the rock is pouring!?
I wanted to learn more about the brand so I went over to their instagram @teremana and they had a recipe for the 'Watermelon Manarita'!
So, this is my take on their cocktail, but with a little spicy kick courtesy of serrano peppers and a Tajin rim!
Enjoy the recipe!
XO, Julie Bedard
Recipe for the Watermelon Manarita
12 OZ Teremana Blanco Tequila
6 OZ Lime Juice
3 OZ Agave Nectar
1 Serrano pepper
1 Whole Mini Seedless Watermelon
- Cut watermelon in half, then cut a 1" disc and set aside for garnish. Scoop the rest out into a blender.
- Blend watermelon, lime juice, 1/2 serrano pepper, and agave in the blender, then strain.
- Pour into a pitcher, then stir in tequila, and add plenty of ice.
- Rim your glasses with Tajin, fill with ice, then pour Marg over top.
- Garnish with watermelon slice dipped in Tajin & lime disc