The Ionantha Rubra are beautiful air plants with a thick body and slighty curly leaves. Available in 2 sizes- XL and Tiny!
Typically a silvery green shade, with dense layers of spiked leaves, they will change colors from bright pink to a deep red with purple and white flowers during its bloom cycle.
*I recommend pairing these with the hanging hammocks. They also look great on cholla wood, driftwood, or in glass terrariums.
Ionantha Rubra care recommendations:
- Soak upside down in a bowl or sink for about 15 minutes- once or twice a week in the summer, and once a week in the winter.
- In general, the hotter/drier it is, the more often it needs to be watered.
- Misting them every couple of days is great, as they prefer humid environments
- Shake out all excess water after soaking
- Dry upside down on a towel or somewhere with good air flow
- Be sure to dry completely to avoid rot
- The Ionantha love bright light, so display near a window