The Tillandsia Butzii, pronounced 'Bootsie-eye', is one of my favorite varieties, probably because I like the name so much! He's a wild one with long speckled, spider-like legs and a bulbous belly.
The leaves are a deep shiny green, with more speckling towards the base. They grow to about 8-10 inches, and will rock a gorgeous violet flower during its bloom cycle.
*I recommend pairing these with the hanging hammocks. Also looks gorgeous paired with cholla wood, in a terrarium or in an empty shell to resemble a creature of the sea.
Butzii care recommendations:
- Soak in a bowl or sink for about 15 minutes- once or twice a week in the summer, and once a week in the winter.
- In general, the hotter/drier it is, the more often it needs to be watered.
- Shake out all excess water after soaking
- Be sure to dry completely as the bulbous body can be prone to rot
- The Butzii does well in moderate to bright indirect light