The Tillandsia Bulbosa is a seriously cool plant! Similiar in style to the Butzii, the Bulbosa has a wider spread and deeper green hue. He's named for his big bulbous belly... He's the 'dad-bod' of the air plants!
The leaves are a deep shiny green, and grow out ward from the bulb. They grow to about 8-10 inches, and are extremely hardy and easy to take care of. A lot of air plants need a lot of bright light, where as this guy can survive in a little dimmer environment. Notice how I didn't say cave!
*I recommend pairing these with the hanging hammocks. Also looks gorgeous paired with cholla wood, in a terrarium or in an empty shell to resemble a creature of the sea.
Bulbosa care recommendations:
- Soak in a bowl or sink for about 5-10 minutes- once or twice a week in the summer, and once a week in the winter.
- In general, the hotter/drier it is, the more often it needs to be watered.
- Shake out all excess water after soaking
- Be sure to dry completely as the bulbous body can be prone to rot
- The Bulbosa does well in moderate to bright indirect light