The Tillandsia Andreana air plant is a delicate and wispy little ball of glory that resembles a super fine tea whisk. This variety is native to Colombia, and is amongst the more rare species of tillandsia.
The leaves are an impressive shade of green, and grow long and fine into a dome shape. Due to its delicate nature, the Andreana prefers adequate watering, and frequent misting.
*I recommend pairing these with the hanging hammocks. Also looks gorgeous in a terrarium or placed atop a piece of cholla wood.
Andreana care recommendations:
- Soak upside down in a bowl or sink for about 5-10 minutes- once or twice a week in the summer, and once a week in the winter.
- In general, the hotter/drier it is, the more often it needs to be watered.
- Misting often will keep this delicate flower happiest
- Shake out all excess water after soaking
- Be sure to dry completely to avoid rot
- The Andreana love bright but indirect light